The latest Pokemon Go update has a key feature that many players are excited to see. Yes! We are talking about the avatar update. It's exciting to see that players can now adjust what they see on the screen to better reflect their personal tastes. It has many people wondering how to customize the Pokemon Go avatar too. You can adjust your Pokemon trainer's clothing, hair style, skin color and even their gender. You can make the avatar perfectly you (unless that's not what you want). The results shown by screenshots from the game do reflect some personal style and offer another great reason to play!
So How do You Customize Your Pokemon Go Avatar?
Here's the quick run down:
- Tap on the face of your avatar at the bottom of the map screen
- Tap on the green menu button on lower right-hand side of screen
- Choose CUSTOMIZE from the list
- Make choices for your avatar from the CUSTOMIZATION Menu
- Use the arrows at screen bottle to scroll through item options.
- Tap on an item and it will be placed on your avatar.
- After all items are placed (and you like your new avatar) tap on the check mark button on the bottom right-hand corner to save choices.
It's extremely important to save your avatar before backing out of the menu. If you don't the different items added to your avatar will be lost.
The ease of how people can customize a Pokemon Go avatar makes it possible to be more involved with the game. If you look like your avatar (or the avatar looks like you) the idea of being a player capturing Pokemon is a little more lifelike!